June 23, 2014

Entering USA # Surname (Second Name) Ado


Flying To USA
New Delhi à Heathrow à Dallas
On my arrival at Dallas International Airport, I had to go through immigration check and fill up I-94 which is not required these days as they do it electronically now, so no more paper work. Here I was in dilemma again as to what should I fill in last name. I decided to go as per my visa and that turned out be the correct way as once you enter states, all documents should be in synch with your visa as your passport is a foreign document to them. Although, that's another thing that wherever I showed my visa they did questioned about name mismatch in passport and visa but a little explanation almost solved the dispute every time. 
I successfully went through the immigration check with officials asking me couple of questions on FNU thing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment